Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A friend in need is a friend indeed...

Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental
>>>>>>>>>>>>>













I always though this proverb was a bit strange.I mean if you think about it someone who is always in need is indeed a friend.Well 'some' people think that this phrase means "I am a great friend to my friends because i am always in need. Wow what a great guy i am.I am such a friend".

To quote Wikipedia
"Friendship is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more beings"

However in this case wiki forgot to mention that, there are GOOD friends, and BAD friends.So, kids when you chose your friends, like what your mummy or daddy says "Don't anyhow make friends".

Now to the socially retarded or those who really find it amazing that the point above is NOT what friendship is about here is a simple explanation that even a mentally challenged turkey will get. Mind you this is really the most most most basic of friendship.. like Friendship for Dummies Rule no.1 or something...

"Friendship is nothing more than the trust that someone or something will not harm them."

Ya ya, no dying for friend or any of that crap simple trust that's the basis of friendship, if you can say something like
" Why you guys want me to go? So you can make fun of me ah ?"
When your friend (with pure intentions if i may add) ask you out for a movie.
Then WHERE'S THE TRUST? I mean when you need things from friends or your friends invite you to join a project group why don't you ask this kind of question(s)?.

"Eh, can send me your resume. Please don't hurt me....gulp"
OR
"Um, why you want me in your FYP group ah ? So you can bully me right? "

well people don't do things like that cause,
1st- It makes YOU look Stupid and Wussy-Like
2nd-It INSULTS the person (especially if the person is your friend or he thinks he is)
3rd-Because FRIENDS TRUST one another

So to all out there please make GOOD friends and to others who dont know how to be a GOOD
friend please learn (that's if you are not a total basket case and all if like that then i nothing to say).

Renfred
Out

P.S By the way the proverb means 'someone who helps you when you are in need is a true friend'.not the other way around ;)

0 comments: